Beamz Occupational Therapy
BEAMZ OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY SYSTEM
**Price Listed includes VAT**
Beamz is an innovative tool for therapists to use music making for extraordinary client engagement and to accelerate therapeutic outcomes. Just listening to music provides most patients great benefits for brain fitness, memory recall and improving communication.
Imagine treatment, intervention and maintenance plans that have your patients and clients working toward their functional objectives via music.
HOW IT WORKS
The Beamz is an interactive music system, allowing you to play impressive music easily and quickly. The Beamz uses a series of musical building blocks that are always in tune with each other.
It uses four low level laser light beams which you play like you might play the strings on an instrument. You break the light beam with your hand or fingers. You can play it one note at a time or you can block the beam with your hand to play a musical riff / string of notes together. Using our Beamz Player software you can build amazing songs with a variety of instruments, samples and melodies.
Beamz enables anyone of any age, ability or skill to experience making great sounding music.
IT'S EASY TO GET STARTED
The Beamz interactive music system is a recreational music making product universally designed so that professionals may use with clients of varying skills from paediatrics to geriatrics. Unlike traditional music instruments, the learning curve for professionals to use and for clients to enjoy Beamz is just a few minutes. As your clients’ skills develop, the Beamz music library provides opportunities for them to interact with more complex music as treatment plans evolve.
BEAMZ THERAPY GUIDE
The included Beamz Therapy Guide includes 15 protocols and measurement tools, plus 30 additional Beamz songs paired for use with the protocols. The protocols have been designed to assist therapists in quickly identifying creative ways to structure and adapt treatment sessions that incorporate use of the Beamz. Additional resources are provided to help therapists identify relevant resources and measurement tools that will assist in measuring client progress and documenting therapeutic outcomes.
Recognising the uniqueness of different settings, clientele and clinical approaches, this guide has purposely been designed as a dynamic collection that can grow and evolve over time. With the on-going advances that occur in healthcare and human service delivery, this format enables users to add updates and new sections as they are developed and released to ensure therapists are able to work from the most current information available.
The binder format also allows for individual user flexibility. Users have the option to reorganize materials so that frequently used items can be stored together; some may also want to create a section in the manual to store client session reports or other documents needed during treatment.
The Beamz Therapy Guide was created in partnership with the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences at Temple University with input from several therapists that work in settings with diverse client populations. Feedback from these therapists that achieved positive client outcomes in treatment sessions in their agencies contributed greatly to the development of this guide.
BEAMZ THERAPY GUIDE SPECIAL FEATURES & TOOLS
- Potential Goals and Outcomes Grid: designed to assist therapists in selecting protocols that align with targeted client outcomes.
- Suggested Measurements Tools: resource offers a list of potential measurement tools to assess baseline functioning and client outcomes that may be achieved after a series of Beamz sessions.
- Session Forms: developed to make documentation easier and to measure client progression; forms and protocol resources are available online for registered Beamz Therapy Guide users to download.
- Song Index Appendix: resource to assist therapists in identifying music selections that best align with client preferences and specific protocol activities; list includes notations about each song’s musical style, tempo, artist, use of vocals, karaoke options and level of variation.
USE BEAMZ IN A VARIETY OF SETTINGS
- Paediatric & Child Life Services
- Geriatric & Long-Term Care Facilities
- Disability Day Care Programs & Camps
- Behavioural Health Programs
- At Home Care
- Therapy Services
USE BEAMZ FOR A WIDE RANGE OF THERAPY GOALS
- Attention / Concentration / Focus / Following Directions / New Learning / Memory / Problem Solving / Reading Comprehension / Sequencing
- Endurance / Fine Motor / Gross Motor / Range Of Motion
- Creative Expression / Decision Making / Empowerment / General Social Skills / Interpersonal Relating Skills / Listening / Self-Confidence / Self-Exploration / Team Work / Verbal Expression
Beamz is universally designed so that you can provide your patients and clients with as much, or as little, support as they may need to make incremental progress. Beamz lasers can be triggered by:
- Physically interrupting the laser beam with any body part or object
- Using an adapted keyboard
- Attaching an interface and switch
- Utilising a computer or iOS smart device with a touchscreen or interactive whiteboards
- iPad – 3rd generation or later, running iOS 6.0 or later
- iPad mini – all models, running iOS 6.0 or later
- iPhone – 4S or later, running iOS 6.0 or later
- iPod Touch – 5th generation or later, running iOS 6.0 or later
- MAC – computer running OS 10.8x or later
- PC – computer running Windows 7/8/10
Hardware - C1R42 EHC MIDI Controller / USB Cable / Bluetooth Dongle
Software - Beamz Player / Beamz Studio
Song Content -
Accessories - Occupational Therapy Guide / Soft Case
We Also Recommend