Beamz Music Therapy Guide
BEAMZ MUSIC THERAPY GUIDE
MUSIC THERAPY PROTOCOLS OVERVIEW
The Beamz Music Therapy Protocols comprise a collection of five “progressive” neurologic-based music therapy protocols with three client intervention use levels and two “stand alone” music therapy protocols for broad client use.
The protocols were developed with MusicWorx for use with the Beamz Professional Edition Interactive Music System for both individual and group sessions to accomplish a range of therapy goals, including cognitive, sensorimotor and general health and wellness. Internal interventions and evaluation tools are included in each of the protocols.
MUSIC THERAPY PROTOCOLS STRUCTURE
The protocols are designed for music therapists to facilitate neurologic-based music therapy sessions and general health and wellness therapy sessions with the Beamz Interactive controller. Within the “progressive” protocols there are three levels of intervention to assess various levels of functioning and ability of clients.
The A sections- “Foundational Exercises” serve as warm-up interventions, wherein, if the clients are able to complete these basic functional tasks, they move on to the B Sections- “Intermediate Performance”, which increases in task demand and difficulty; success is determined by the completion of the A Section and the interventions are based from A Sections.
If the clients are able to successfully complete B Section interventions, they move on to Sections C, “Expert Performance”, which is the final level of the protocol.
Although the segments of protocols are progressive and can be used as a foundation for the next, they can also be used independently, if music therapist assesses that it is appropriate for the clients.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- A unique way for patients to make music that doesn’t require learning music theory or specific playing techniques
- Laser beams and non-tactile instrument triggers provide opportunities for greater patient focus
- Enables clients that may not possess physical skills to use some traditional instruments
- May be used with traditional instruments and other technology tools
USE BEAMZ IN A VARIETY OF SETTINGS
- Paediatric & Child Life Services
- Geriatric & Long-Term Care Facilities
- Disability Day Care Programs & Camps
- Behavioural Health Programs
- At Home Care Therapy Services
USE BEAMZ FOR A WIDE RANGE OF THERAPY GOALS
- Attention / Concentration / Focus / Following Directions / New Learning / Memory / Problem Solving / Reading Comprehension / Sequencing
- Endurance / Fine Motor / Gross Motor / Range Of Motion
- Creative Expression / Decision Making / Empowerment / General Social Skills / Interpersonal Relating Skills / Listening / Self-Confidence / Self-Exploration / Team Work / Verbal Expression
We Also Recommend