Beamz Music Therapy
BEAMZ MUSIC THERAPY
**Price Listed includes VAT**
Beamz is being used in care communities, rehabilitation centres, hospitals, schools and homes throughout the world by occupational, music and recreation therapists for both individual and group activity.
Imagine treatment, intervention and maintenance plans that have your patients and clients working toward their functional objectives via music.
HOW IT WORKSThe Beamz is an interactive music system, allowing you to play impressive music easily and quickly and its great fun. The Beamz uses a series of musical building blocks that are always in tune with each other.
It uses four low level laser light beams which you play like you might play the strings on an instrument. You break the light beam with your hand or fingers. You can play it one note at a time or you can block the beam with your hand to play a riff or series of notes. Using our Beamz Player software you can build amazing songs with a variety of instruments, samples and melodies.
Beamz enables anyone of any age, ability or skill to experience making great sounding music.
IT'S EASY TO GET STARTED
The Beamz interactive music system is a recreational music making product universally designed so that professionals may use with clients of varying skills from paediatrics to geriatrics. Unlike traditional music instruments, the learning curve for professionals to use and for clients to enjoy Beamz is just a few minutes. As your clients’ skills develop, the Beamz music library provides opportunities for them to interact with more complex music as treatment plans evolve.
BEAMZ MUSIC THERAPY GUIDE
Beamz Music Therapy Guide comprise a collection of five “progressive” neurologic-based music therapy protocols with three client intervention use levels and two “stand alone” music therapy protocols for broad client use.
The protocols were developed with MusicWorx for use with the Beamz Professional Edition Interactive Music System for both individual and group sessions to accomplish a range of therapy goals, including cognitive, sensorimotor and general health and wellness. Internal interventions and evaluation tools are included in each of the protocols.
- A unique way for patients to make music that doesn’t require learning music theory or specific playing techniques
- Laser beams and non-tactile instrument triggers provide opportunities for greater patient focus
- Enables clients that may not possess physical skills to use some traditional instruments
- May be used with traditional instruments and other technology tools
USE BEAMZ IN A VARIETY OF SETTINGS
- Paediatric & Child Life Services
- Geriatric & Long-Term Care Facilities
- Disability Day Care Programs & Camps
- Behavioural Health Programs
- At Home Care Therapy Services
USE BEAMZ FOR A WIDE RANGE OF THERAPY GOALS
- Attention / Concentration / Focus / Following Directions / New Learning / Memory / Problem Solving / Reading Comprehension / Sequencing
- Endurance / Fine Motor / Gross Motor / Range Of Motion
- Creative Expression / Decision Making / Empowerment / General Social Skills / Interpersonal Relating Skills / Listening / Self-Confidence / Self-Exploration / Team Work / Verbal Expression
Beamz is universally designed so that you can provide your patients and clients with as much, or as little, support as they may need to make incremental progress. Beamz lasers can be triggered by:
- Physically interrupting the laser beam with any body part or object
- Using an adapted keyboard
- Attaching an interface and switch
- Utilising a computer or iOS smart device with a touchscreen or interactive whiteboards
- iPad – 3rd generation or later, running iOS 6.0 or later
- iPad mini – all models, running iOS 6.0 or later
- iPhone – 4S or later, running iOS 6.0 or later
- iPod Touch – 5th generation or later, running iOS 6.0 or later
- MAC – computer running OS 10.8x or later
- PC – computer running Windows 7/8/10
Hardware - C1R42 EHC MIDI Controller / USB Cable / Bluetooth Dongle
Software - Beamz Player / Beamz Studio
Song Content -
Accessories - Music Therapy Guide / Soft Case
We Also Recommend